Level 6 Diploma in Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology (EFPT)
A systematic evidence based approach
Please register your interest now for the next course programme as places are limited to 12 participants, Click Here to contact us.
This course will cover the below:
- Definitions and types of Acute Stress Disorder, Trauma, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Complex Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) and Common Mental Health Disorders (CMD).
- Assessment and formulation of differential diagnosis for Acute Stress Disorder, Trauma, PTSD, C-PTSD and CMD.
- Theory and application of psychotraumatology frameworks in the context of the neuroscience, dissociation and the psycho-pharmacology of Acute Stress Disorder, Trauma, PTSD, C-PTSD and CMD.
- An evidence based Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology Model for Acute Stress Disorder, Trauma, PTSD, C-PTSD and CMD. Trauma focused resource facilitation skills for safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment of comorbidities: i) Mood disorders, ii) Traumatic nightmares, iii) Suicide ideation.
- Understanding equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare. The theoretical considerations of the ethical standards for equines working with humans.
- Relational horsemanship skills: The tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change.
- Personal and professional development: Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of facilitator’s own personal and professional development alongside accountability of the ethical considerations of clients.
- Critical self-reflexive mind-body based practice: developing self-awareness for both clients and facilitators.