Equine Facilitated Human Development (EFHD)
Professional competency in the practice of EFHD involves attaining a level of proficiency in seven key disciplines, providing a powerful training modality that safely and professionally facilitates human growth and change.
- Human psychology: the neuroscience and psychological principles behind human development.
- Clinical and well-being assessment protocols for formulation of relevant EFHD plan and evidence clients change process. (IFEEL collates qualified EFHD facilitator client data for research in order to prove efficacy of IFEEL Methodology).
- Facilitation skills and human change processes with focus on client’s safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment – key functions of successful sustainable human development and change.
- Group dynamics; managing groups (and conflict) safely.
- Equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare and relational horsemanship skills.
- EFHD: the tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change
- Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of Facilitator’s own personal and professional development and accountability