IFEEL Method Qualification – Research
A series of research studies are currently being conducted in order to evidence the efficacy of the IFEEL Method.
IFEEL Method Qualification – Aims
- To train IFEEL Method EFHD & EFPT Facilitators to the highest standards of client care in all Equine Facilitated Human Development & Psychotraumatology coaching and psychotherapy interventions.
- To trainIFEEL Method EFHD & EFPT Facilitators to recognise and respect all horses as sentient beings by using only relational horsemanship practices based on the evidence of equine ethology studies.
- To trainIFEEL Method EFHD & EFPT Facilitators to respect the horse’s innate needs as a social, nomadic species who’s health and wellbeing depends on living as a free roaming herd.
IFEEL Method Qualification – Mission
- To research, establish and disseminate best practice in the field of equine assisted facilitation, coaching and psychotherapy interventions and training qualifications.
- To research, establish and disseminate best practice of horse welfare in the field of equine assisted facilitation, coaching and psychotherapy interventions.
What drives us…
With the recent explosion of equine assisted or facilitated therapy and coaching practitioners, all with varying levels of training standards, values of horse welfare needs and therapeutic treatment claims, it is hard to know or understand what constitutes a safe equine assisted/facilitated therapy or coaching session or what the practitioners professional level of ability actually is.
IFEEL Method Qualifications was established in 2008, as a professional training that has the depth and psychological competency needed to do justice to any Human Equine Intervention (EHI). We recognised the need for an evidenced based, systematic method in order to best consider and validate the complex process and outcomes of any facilitator-horse-client alliance.
We are proud to educate a diverse, self-motivated, well balanced, mutually supportive, conscientious group of professional facilitators needed for this fast-growing, multifaceted field.
For a full list of practising professionals, please visit – SAFE Professionals ethics and codes of conduct.