SAFE Professionals Directory was set to up to address the need promote Equine Assisted Facilitated Professionals that:
- can demonstrate a high level training competency in Equine Assisted Facilitation
- have regular client supervision
- attend regular continuous professional development (CPD)
- have professional practice insurance
- have current membership of an independent professional body such as National Counselling Society (NCS), British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), British Psychological Society (BPS), The Association of Child Psychotherapists (ACP), United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP) etc,.
All IFEEL Q graduates who adhere to the above standards are eligible to a listing on the SAFE Professionals Website Directory.
The Safe Professionals Board are up to date with current research in Equine Assisted and Facilitated professions and hold a directory that identifies the various standards of practice, assessment and verification other training organisations offer, in order to benchmark standards of excellence at IFEEL Q.
SAFE Professionals also aims to ensure that all equines engaged in equine assisted or facilitated interventions live and work in non-coercive environments. Their work must be consensual in every aspect and, as such, the emotional, mental and welfare needs of the horse are fully taken into account (Animal Welfare Act 2006).