Crossfields Institute Level 6 Diploma in the IFEEL Method of Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology
A systematic evidence based approach.
Please register your interest now for the next course programme as places are limited to 12 participants, Click Here to contact us.
A foundation clinical training in a systematic, evidenced based, Trauma Focused phased treatment approach for clients with low level clinical needs (Mild Client Presentations). This qualification results is working with clients in 1:1 private practice or in open group Trauma Informed workshops.
This course will cover the below:
- Definitions and types of Common Mental Health Disorders (CMD), Acute Stress Disorder (ASD), Trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD), Secondary Traumatic Stress Disorders (STS) and Post Traumatic Growth (PTG).
- Assessment and formulation of EFPT differential treatment plan CMD, ASD, PTSD, C-PTSD, STS and PTG.
- Theory and application of psychotraumatology frameworks in the context of the neuroscience, dissociation and the psycho-pharmacology.
- An evidence based rational of the applications of the IFEEL Method of Equine Facilitated Psychotraumatology.
- Trauma focused resource facilitation skills for safety, stabilisation, regulation and containment of comorbidities: i) Mood disorders, ii) Traumatic nightmares, iii) Suicide ideation.
- Understanding equine psychology, behaviour, ethology and welfare. The theoretical considerations of the ethical standards for equines working with humans.
- Equine Centred – Relational Horsemanship skills: The tools, techniques and applications of working with horses as co-sentient partners for human development and change.
- Group dynamics theory and management of working with individuals and groups (and conflict) safely.
- Personal and professional development: Supervision, mentoring, assessment and mapping of facilitator’s own personal and professional development alongside accountability of the ethical considerations of clients.
- Critical self-reflexive mind-body based practice: developing self-awareness for both clients and facilitators.
Entry Requirements: Completion of LEVEL 5 IFEEL Method EFHD or equivalent previous psychological educational training and qualifications.
See the full qualification specification here https://www.crossfieldsinstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/EFPT-L6-Specification-V1.pdf